Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Way Down Upon the Swanee River...

I have just returned from a two week vacation at the old homestead. Sniff, I get a tear in my eye just thinking about it now. Here's the house my parents lived in:


I, however, wasn't allowed in there. Instead of having to sleep in the yard, I had a house of my own! It doesn't look much different now than it did then:


Oh the happy memories! Here's the main hall where I would sit for hours torturing small animals with a rusty hacksaw:


Here's the playroom:


I slept up here with many wasp's nests to keep me company:


Oh, and here's a picture of my family at Christmas (Minus me, I wasn't allowed in the family photos either):


A closeup of my lovely sister:


And here a rare picture of me all dressed up to take cousin Mary Ann to the film show. I sure do clean up nice don't I?


I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my life. Next time: A riveting true story about trespassing, x-rays, and old trailers.

No comments: