Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lucky

The first thing I remember when I woke up was the smell. If you've never smelled a dead rotting body before, it's indescribable. One is bad enough but when you've got a room full of them, nailed to the walls, piled up on the floor, it's unbearable and the first thing I did when I woke up, was to puke. And then I screamed because there was one lying right next to me, a young guy looked like he was barley out of puberty. He had no nose or eyes...
Do you remember how you got there, to the trailer?
All I remember was that I had driven home from work. I got to my apartment, pulled over to the curb, got out, and was walking up to the front door when something hit me on the head and I blacked out, and that was it.
Did he ever abuse you sexually?
No, all he did for a long time was bring me food in a little bowl. I think it was supposed to be food anyways. It was always the same chunks of raw meat. Of course I didn't want to eat it at first. But I got hungry. If you've never been without food for weeks you have no idea...
What do you think he was feeding you?
I don't want to think about it, okay? I did what I had to do to survive. You would have done the same thing.
But he never touched you, in a sexual way?
I don't understand why you care, but I already said no. He wasn't into live girls. He had plenty of them that wouldn't put up a fight. I don't think he was into violence if he could help it.
But he killed so many people...
No, he killed about four or five. The rest he got from graveyards.
You were the only living person in that trailer besides him?
Yes.
Why do you think he kept you alive?
I think he wanted a pet, thats what I think. He treated me like one, except he never unchained me to take me for walks. But he would pat my head and talk to me like I was a baby. And sometimes he would just sit and stare at me, like I was a bug or something.
Tell us about your escape.
Well it was real simple, one day I heard him get his truck and drive off somewhere, which didn't happen often. I pulled at my chains till they ripped out of the wall and then I ran.
Into the woods.
Yeah, I was out of my mind, I didn't know where I was going.
And you ran right into him.
Yup, he hadn't gone very far. I didn't know it was his truck. He was digging a hole in the ground, bent over and I grabbed his shoulder. Stupid, so fucking stupid.
Why do you think he...did what he did next?
Easy, he didn't want me to try and escape.
Then why didn't he take your legs?
I think he meant to take them. Later. I think his thought process was that he needed to do something to keep me from pulling my chains out of the wall again. And...other things.
Well, um Miss Grace, Thank you for your time.
Oh, it's no problem.
And we're very sorry about your...
Yeah yeah, everyone is. I don't need any more pity....

No comments: