Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Music Video Wednesday

You guys don't mind if I do this do you? Sometimes I feel like it's a blogger cliche to post videos and go "look at the cool shit I found!" as if anyone would be interested. I do believe, however, that music was meant to be shared and since mix tapes (cds) are out of style, I think this is a good way to show off a certain mood or state of mind by picking songs, which I've always liked to do. So, here goes...

Alice in Chains - Angry Chair
I've loved Alice in Chains since I got Dirt on cassette tape from a friend. I'm not too big on their videos though, I like the images the songs put in my head better.

Alice in Chains - Them Bones
"I feel so alone, gonna end up a big old pile of them bones." is one of my favorite song quotes ever.

Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes

I would marry this song if I could, make love to it, and have babies. Amazing musical babies.

How about some surf rock?
Trashmen - Tube City

The Trashmen are kind of unappreciated I think, mostly everyone just knows about Surfin' Bird, which is a great song but they had lots of other great songs too!

The Trashmen - Malaguena


Speaking of unappreciated...

Look at that old man rock out! Dick Dale and surf rock became cool again in the 90s thanks to Pulp Fiction. I wonder where it's at now? What is hip now anyways? I don't listen to pop radio at all if I can avoid it. I'm stuck in the 90s which is pretty much the last time I was really into popular culture. Lady Gaga? What the fuck is that?

Lets end with...
A cartoon!

You can always go to the 1930's Fleischer Studio cartoons for awesome surreal shit.
I really wish animation had stayed this weird and goofy. Damn Disney, making everything bland!

Real stuff up tomorrow!

3 comments:

Justin said...

I love Fleischer's stuff. As for music, I'm getting a little bit into Captain Beefheart. I don't really have time right now, but I'll try to listen to some of the song you posted here later.

Sara Peck said...

Oh man I love Dick Dale! I listen to Tribal Thunder all the damn time :D

Kurdt said...

I'm just starting to get into surf rock, I think it's kind of an unappreciated genre.

By the way, thanks for following my blog Sara!