Thursday, September 3, 2009

Late Night Ramblings

What is the point of life? Why the fuck are we here? If you answered "42" then you are a nerd, but I love you, even if we've never met.
You might say "gosh, it's to be happy, and to make other people happy too!" I've met these "other people" and most of them are miserable shits bent on making life Hell for everyone else. But you, you're alright. I'd sit down and have a few drinks with you. No no, no more beer. I've sworn off it. It clouds the mind, see? Anything that dulls your perceptions is bad. I've been all about opening up my brain latley, trying to see the world how it really looks. And aren't people just adorable? Bill Hicks calls them "viruses with shoes" but I think they're cute. They run around on a planet full of nonrenewable resources destroying the only place they have to live on. But not me, no. I'm in my own sphere. I've created this magical little world inside my head to crawl into. The only problem is, it's not such a nice world. Sometimes it looks alright, but there's spiders and bugs and the wood is rotted under the nice carpeting and all the guests you've invited over are dead. Why? Because you forgot to switch out the arsenic tea you were going to kill your grandmother with yesterday and now all your friends are dead.
So you want to go in that cave right? It's dark and you have no flashlight. You could use matches but they burn out quickly. There's something at the back of the cave thats glowing but you know if you grab it, it'll blow you're whole body into a million pieces and scatter them all over the universe. Do you know what it's like trying to recover parts of your being while floating through the endless void of space?
And now, like a mac truck running down on a chipmunk in the middle of the road, weariness fills me with despair. But soon there will be sleep and dreams, wonderful sur-reality where objects never stay in one spot and you shift in and out of dimensions with startling ease. There's a girl there in a pink dress with red hair in braids. She has a third eye in the middle of her forehead. She sees all and will impart her knowledge to me, if only I'll find her lost kitten. It's name is Morgoth and it eats time itself....

No comments: