Monday, November 16, 2009

Music Monday

Sorry for not posting much lately. Stuff is happening, but sort of behind the scenes. Diana sent me some rough sketches for the illustrations in my kid's book and they already look awesome. I'm really excited about it!

Today I will give you some of the music I've been perusing on the Youtubes.

This might be the most awesome thing ever. It's got to be in the running:


I had no idea Alan Jackson's version of this song was a cover. I actually prefer this original version, but then I'm a huge Roger Miller fan:


Props to TVtropes for informing me that The Pussycat Dolls massively annoying song is actually a cover of an even shittier one, which actually rips off this Sir Mix-a-Lot jam!


Oh and here's another original that, to me, is actually miles better than the more famous cover. Ednaswap's Torn has a grungy quality that got completely torn out of the Natalie Imbruglia hit version. Watch it synced up to NI's video and see if you don't agree with me. (More mad props to TVtropes again for this bit of musical trivia!)


No comment really, I just freaking love this song! It's the one that George gets stuck in his head on Seinfeld.


And finally, if you haven't experienced the insane (literally) genius of Wesley Willis you can't honestly say that you're into outsider music. Start here and then head to Youtube to hear more:


Have a good day on Earth, fellow humans!

No comments: