Saturday, April 10, 2010

More Comic Book Covers

The final batch of covers. Sorry these aren't as interesting as the last ones.

What If? is a pretty cool series if you're really into comic books. It presents alternate versions of well known comic book stories and lets the writers stretch their imaginations a bit. Also, I know this cover is a reworking of a famous Amazing Spider-man cover, but I can't find it! Can anyone help?


I like this cover and it's a pretty good comic too. It's part of a continuing story where Reed Richards loses his powers and has to go back into space to get them, having to fight off the Red Ghost in the process. Dr. Doom also makes an appearance, of course. Doom is one of my favorite comic book villains. He's such an asshole, but he has no real reason to be. The Fantastic Four weren't responsible for his disfigurement, but he torments them anyways. What a prick!


A pretty tame Batman cover. Kind of a "blah" comic too.


I like how this one is a call back to the pulp magazine bondage covers of the 30s and 40s. Too bad the book itself is really lame.


And finally, something non-comic book related:

This was the insert for a 4 dollar movie I bought recently. Pretty cool eh? I love classic exploitation art. You just don't get the kind of weird and lurid stuff on movie posters that you used to.

No comments: