Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More on EC

So I just watched a short documentary on EC comics called Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television that aired on AMC in 2005. I am now officially in love with comics that I have never read a page of! There's also a butt-load of extra features I'm going to get to tomorrow. I'm also going to have to do research and see what the best and easiest to get reprints are, all the documentary talked about was the black and white full volume sets that came out in the 70s, I'm guessing those probably don't come cheap.
Anyways, It's late but I just though I'd update since this blog has pretty much just turned out to be about my growing obsession with a series of over 50 year old comic books. Heres some cover pictures that I pulled off of Wikipedia:

This one is pretty famous. When William Gaines was testifying to the senate they asked him why the cover wasn't in bad taste. Gaines replied it would only be in bad taste if the gore from the womans neck was shown!


I love this one.


This one is from one of EC's imitators, Key Comics. According to the documentary they would usually go overboard with the violence and miss the point of the stories, but I like this cover.


Alright one more. EC also did a line of fantasy and Sci-fi comics even though they weren't as successful, they're still pretty memorable.


More tomorrow, I need sleep!

No comments: