Monday, December 8, 2008

Poem #2

In the dark
In the dark
It is lonely in the dark
I am scared I am blind
I am small
There's things that move around
That slither on the ground
But I can't see anything at all

In the dark
In the dark
I am lonely in the dark
As I lay with my back to the wall
I wasn't scared of night
Till I lost the coming light
But there's worse to fear after all

In the dark
In the dark
There are things here in the dark
That slither hiss and bark
In the dark
In the dark
In the dark

I can see
I can see
The things they don't scare me
They are my friends
I pet them
I will name them one two three:
Sally is a doll with claws to climb the walls
Teddy is a bear with needles instead of hair
His teeth are metal sharp
And when he talks he barks
Serpy is a snake who doesn't talk an ounce
But I like him best, he shoots poison from his mouth

There's the light
There's the light
The door it opens bright
Bringing food is the one
Who put me here
I will show her my new friends
And then we will play again
She will stay with me then
Forever in the dark
In the dark
In the dark
In the dark

No comments: