Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mystery Frog Crunch Random Update Post

Currently listening to:
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
I didn't have to get the Yoko album but I'm a crazy completest and I would have felt like a jerk just getting John's album. Plus I kind of like Yoko's weird random screechy music. She does some really cool things with her voice and if you can just step back and appreciate it for that, its kind of alright. Or you can just call it crap and move on, I wouldn't think less of you for it.

Currently reading:
Going to finally read the EC comic reprints I ordered. For some reason I just haven't been in the right frame of mind...

I had a couple random story ideas that floated through my brain today. One was about a guy who takes his girlfriend on a date to a graveyard and she gets really pissed off about it and creeped out. That's as far as I got on that one.
I was also thinking about islands again, it's always about islands with me, I don't know. I was thinking what if you were stranded on a deserted island and the only ship that came by was sea pirates? Wouldn't that suck? You think they'd kill you or just let you alone? Or capture you and hold you for ransom to extort money from your family back home? I think I'd take the spears I had been using to kill fish and crabs and take out as many of them as I could. Or just hide till they went away.

I've been thinking about my influences too. Everyone has influences right? Well, I started off reading R L Stine in 6th grade, moved on to Stephen King in high school, and to Lovecraft after that. I also read a lot of 1950s science fiction stuff, Ray Bradbury was my favorite. He was one of those authors that I read everything of his I could get my hands on.
Our small town library had a lot of books of old short science fiction stories for some reason. That was good stuff, before science got too accurate and sci-fi authors stopped thinking up crazy impossible things.

Current Favorite Song: Johnathan Coulton - Shop Vac
A real suburban nightmare song, this is the kind of life I'm trying very hard to avoid falling into:
"We hung a flag above the door
Checked out the gourmet grocery store
I bought a mower I can ride around the yard
But we haven't got real friends
And now even the fake ones have stopped calling

Maybe if you forget to hide the keys
I'll take a ride to Applebee's
I'll come home drunk on daiquiris and throw up on the neighbor's lawn

If you need me
I'll be downstairs
With the shop vac
You can call but I probably won't hear you
Because it's loud with the shop vac on
(For heaven's sake it's really loud with the shop vac on)
But you'll be OK
Cause you'll be upstairs
With the TV
You can cry and I probably won't hear you
Because it's loud with the shop vac on"

Haffa goot nite boys and ghouls. I'll put up something worth reading tomorrow. Thank you for your patronage.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Great post! You'll love the ECs!

But what about "Choose Your Own Fate Part 5"?

Kurdt said...

Lol, yeah, I'll get to that tomorrow. I pretty much post on whatever I feel like posting, whatever mood I happen to be in that night. But since you guys actually liked it I suppose I'll put up another piece. :)