Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just had to try it...

I found out about this on the Onion AV Club and I just had to do it:

"New meme: here's a totally random way to make your new random band's new random album cover. Post one! Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit “random” and the first article you get is the name of your band. Then go to “Random Quotations” and the last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. Then, go to Flickr and click on “Explore the Last Seven Days” and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover."

My first attempt:
Band Name: HMNZS Manawanui
Album Title: Laughter is an instant vacation
(Oh and by the way, if you can't save an image to edit it, just right click and hit block image. It will block out the image overlay thats not letting you save.)

Putting it all together with a random picture from Flickr (using my feeble MS Paint Skillz) I got this:

(Click for full size)
Seems to me that HMNZS Manawanui is some kind of Japanese band. Possibly punk? That album cover is too lame to be anything but subversive. Or maybe its some soothing elevator muzak crap. Yeah, I'll go with that one.

That was fun! I think I'll try it again. Here's what I came up with the second time
Band Name: Bantam
Album Title: quite different from being rash
Album cover looks like:

Seems like an 80s cheese rock band but the girl would probably be nakeder. I like how this one turned out.

Oh man, this is too much fun. I'll do one more and then I swear I'll get to CYOF.
Band name: Nail plate
Album Title: become famous without ability
Cover looks like:

Thats a heavy metal cover for sure, lulling you in with its simple and soothing art and then blasting your ears when you put the record on. No band named Nail Plate could be anything but death and destruction and knobs turned up to 11.

You guys gotta do this too!

No comments: