Friday, February 20, 2009

The Problem with Robot Love

Once upon a time we were falling in love
Remember when we kissed in the dark?
Then you tore at my face
And you tried to rip out my heart

Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and go back to where you were born
I look at the parts on the garage floor
And I wonder where it all went wrong
Then I turnaround
And every now and I then I see you standing behind me
And I really can't help but smile
It was violent in the end
But I need you my friend
And I don't have enough parts to build you again

And every now and then you fell apart
And I put you back together
And didn't know you couldn't go out in wet weather
But I thought you'd love me forever
And we always made it right
Cause we were made for each other
I didn't know what to do so I sat in the dark
You looked like a powder keg giving off sparks
That really wasn't a good night
The end was the beginning that night
The end was the beginning that night

Once upon a time you were built out of love
And then I had to rip you apart
And there's nothing I can say
You tried to rip out my heart
And there's nothing I can say
I had to tear you apart

No comments: