Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dreams

I slept in till noon this morning and had a couple of weird dreams that were almost nightmares.
In the first one I was at a party at this huge mansion with a bunch of friends and family. Someone wanted to leave (I think it was my Mom for some reason) and a bunch of them piled into a car. I had to take my own car and was following them down the freeway when it got really hard to see out the window. One of the reasons was that the steering wheel had shifted and was above my head and it was hard to see around my arms. The other reason was that it had suddenly gotten very dark. Despite the fact that I couldn't see very well I kept driving till it was pitch black out and I couldn't see out the windows. After awhile I realized that not only was I not moving anymore but the car wasn't even on, and I had been pushing the gas in vain for quite some time. I tried turning the key but the car didn't make a sound and all I could do was look out the window into the darkness. I suddenly realized that I was probably stuck there forever and I started to panic...

And then I woke up, went back to sleep...

And woke up in the woods, following a bunch of people on a hiking trip of some sort on a sunny day. The trail was very rough and frequently covered by large mud puddles which everyone just pushed through instead of going around, coming out covered in mud. A couple of the people in front of me were girls with funny looking fake pink hair, which looked weird covered in mud. It also made me sad for some reason. Maybe it was because I had a feeling that where we were headed to wasn't a nice place and the girls were much too young to be going there.
Anyways, like things do in dreams, eventually the trail dissolved and we were suddenly in a swamp, up to our chests in water. Someone pointed at me and screamed and I looked and realized that my shoulders were covered in leeches, which probably also covered the rest of my body. I started to pull them off but realized there was no point since more of them would just stick and looking around, there really was no way to get near dry land in this swamp. Suddenly everyone vanished and swimming at me was this weird thing that looked like a sea lamprey and it started attacking me. I couldn't really run and tried to fight it off....

And then I woke up with a serious jones for some fried chicken. As I ate my Popeye's I mused on the fact that most of my nightmares involve swamps even though I've never been to one. Maybe it's all the monster movies I've seen that are set in them. I also thought about why I only have dreams when I sleep in on weekends and why Popeye's seemed to have no napkins. I couldn't answer either question...

No comments: