1. Everybody's life sucks, most people's suck worse than yours. Quit whining about it and find a way to make it suck less.
2. Don't kill animals unless it's necessary or you're going to eat what you kill. And you fuckers that kill sharks for "sport" deserve to rot in a Hell where you're hung up by your feet from a hook while pasty white tourists take pictures of your corpse and drink beer.
3. Respect is something that you have to earn. If you work in a big office and wear a fancy suit and tie, it doesn't mean shit if you're a terrible excuse for a human being.
4. Don't smile or laugh unless you actually have something to smile or laugh about.
5. Every piece of art, be it a film, painting, novel, or piece of music, is worth experiencing at least once. Even if it's bad, a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the making of it and it has value. (Even if that value is just to marvel at how bad it is.)
6. History is made up of sketchy lies, take it all with a grain of salt.
7. The best and most memorable moments in life are made sitting around and talking with friends. (Cheesy I know, but very very true, at least from my experience.)
8. Having a boss sucks. Find a way to not have to report to one every day.
9. Calm contentedness is sitting by yourself with a book and listening to the rain pour outside your window.
10. If your house is so full of stuff that you have to rent outside storage space to put it in, then you have too much stuff.
11. Coke tastes best in glass bottles.
12. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. And if it is, then you've most likely fucked up pretty bad and probably deserve whatever's coming to you.
13. Human beings have an elevated sense of importance about themselves that, to me, seems very unwarranted when combined with the fact that, realistically, our lives are very short. There's worms at the bottom of the ocean that live for over two hundred and fifty years. There's trees that have been alive for thousands. Humanity hasn't even been around longer than an eye blink in the history of the world. Really, we're no great shakes.
We're not sure if this is the only planet where life exists, but instead of trying to save the one home we're certain we have and make it a better place for us and future generations to live, we insist on destroying it, and the life that exists on it, for our short term needs. Most humans are stupid and greedy creatures. Give the ones that aren't your utmost love and respect.