Friday, January 9, 2009

Unnatural Blues

(As I walk through the valley
Of the shadow
I will fear no evil
For thy rod and thy staff
They comfort me...)


Went to sleep one night
But I didn't pray
Had a poundin' in my head
That wouldn't go away
Woke up to the moon
Bout half past ten
I could see by its light
That my brother was dead

(And God shall wipe the tears from their eyes...)

The very next day
We lay him down
In great big hole
Bout six feet down
We closed our eyes
And all said a prayer
And put a cross on his head
So he would stay there

(...And there shall be no more death.)


The very next night
I awoke with a start
Couldn't hear nothin'
But my beatin' heart
When my eyes got right
And I could see
There was my brother standin' over me

(Thy rod and thy staff)
(Comfort me)
(No more death)


I wanted to speak
But I didn't dare
There were bugs in his eyes
And worms in his hair
I didn't know what I should do
So I just closed my eyes
And sang them unnatural blues

(Nobody knows the trouble I've been through,
nobody Knows but Jesus...)

2 comments:

Justin said...

This is great! Keep it up! Other stuff too, though. Whatever you want.

Kurdt said...

So are my movie reviews alright? I love writing about film, but I don't know if what I'm writing is interesting or not.